WORKSHOP – Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA)
May 14 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am£10
TEDx Speaker Andrew Whitehouse is a specialist in neurological diversity and provides interventions for professionals, parents and young people with Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia and related conditions.
What to expect from this two-hour morning workshop:
- What is PDA? The key features of PDA.
- Meeting the needs of those with PDA. Some interactive activities and simple and effective strategies designed to meet a range of needs based on the impairments.
- Strategies and interventions for adapting the sensory environment to meet then behavioural needs of individuals with PDA.
- An investigation into the type of language and presentation suitable for the needs of individuals with PDA.
- Promoting positive behaviour through effective practice
To comply with current Covid-19 regulations, places will be limited so please book now to avoid disappointment.
We ask that children do not attend this event.